K-State Downed by Texas Tech
K-State (3-10, 0-6 Big 12) secured the doubles point with wins at number one and two doubles. The number one combination of sophomore Antea Huljev and freshman Nina Sertic defeated the No. 54-ranked duo of Samantha van der Drift and Kelsy Garland, 8-4. This was the first win for the pair this season and they are now 1-1 this season.
At number two doubles, junior Natasha Vieira and freshman Mariya Slupska set down Kerryn Potgieter and Stefanie Peana, 8-4. This was the second straight win for the pair of Vieira and Slupska and the first at number two doubles.
Texas Tech (8-10, 3-4 Big 12) was able to rebound in singles action, as the Red Raiders won all six matches.
Friday, April 3, 2009
1. Antea Huljev/Nina Sertic (KSU) def. (54) Samantha van der Drift/Kelsy
2. Mariya Slupska/Natasha Vieira (KSU) def. Kerryn Potgieter/Stefanie Peana (TT), 8-4
3. Simone Templeton/Natalie Leitch (TT) def.
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3
1. Samantha van der Drift (TT) def. Antea Huljev (KSU), 6-2, 6-3
2. Kelsy Garland (TT) def. Nina Sertic (KSU), 6-3, 7-6
3. Simone Templeton (TT) def. Mariya Slupska (KSU), 3-6, 7-5, 6-2
4. Natalie Leitch (TT) def. Katerina Kudlackova (KSU), 6-3, 7-5
5. Stefanie Peana (TT) def.
6. Kyla Coleman (TT) def. Natasha Vieira (KSU), 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
Order of Finish: 1, 5, 2, 4*, 3, 6
* - match decided