K-State Rally Comes Up Short
EDMOND, Okla. After dropping the doubles point, Kansas State women’s tennis put together a strong rally but came up just short to No. 70 Oklahoma State on Saturday, 4-3. The Wildcats have now dropped six straight matches
K-State (3-8, 0-4 Big 12) was swept in doubles action, but quickly recovered in singles play. Sophomore Antea Huljev recorded her first sweep at number one singles since Feb. 22, with a 6-2, 7-5 decision over JoAnne Karaitiana. Huljev is now 13-13 on the season and 2-2 in Big 12 singles action.
The Wildcats also registered a pair of three-set wins, as freshman Nina Sertic and senior Katerina Kudlackova. Sertic won her third match this season at number two single with a three-set decision over Maryna Tkachenko, 2-6, 7-6, 7-5. Sertic is now 5-8 on the season and is 3-2 in three-set matches, winning her first extended match since Feb. 21.
Kudlackova put an end to a personal three-match skid with a 4-6, 6-2, 6-0 win over Alisa Buslaieva. With the win, the product of
Saturday, March 28, 2009
1. JoAnne Karaitiana/Nataliya Shatkovskaya (OSU) def. Katka Kudlackova/Nina Sertic (KSU), 8-5
2. Iryna Khatsko/Alisa Buslaieva (OSU) def. Vanessa Cottin/Mariya Slupska (KSU), 8-3
3. Sasha Belova/Maryna Tkachenko (OSU) def. Antea Huljev/Petra Chuda (KSU), 9-7
1. Antea Huljev (KSU) def. JoAnne Karaitiana (OSU), 6-2, 7-5
2. Nataliya Shatkovskaya (OSU) def. Mariya Slupska (KSU), 6-7, 6-2, 6-1
3. Nina Sertic (KSU) def. Maryna Tkachenko (OSU), 2-6, 7-6, 7-5
4. Iryna Khatsko (OSU) def.
5. Sasha Belova (OSU) def. Natasha Vieira (KSU), 6-7, 6-3, 6-1
6. Katerina Kudlackova (KSU) def. Alisa Buslaieva (OSU), 4-6, 6-2, 6-0