K-State Outlasted by No. 37 TCU
The Wildcats (2-8) pushed the Horned Frogs (8-7) to the limit in doubles play to open the night. K-State benefited from a default by TCU at the number three position to jump out to an early 1-0 edge in doubles. TCU evened up doubles action at the number one spot with an 8-5 win by Ana Cetnik and Nina Munch-Soegaard over the Wildcats’ Viviana Yrureta and Fernanda Da Valle.
The Wildcats nearly salvaged the doubles point at the number two position as junior Olga Klimova and sophomore Katerina Kudlackova pushed Anna Sydorska and Andrea Morgado to an extra point, falling 9-8 (5) and dropping the point.
K-State again was granted a default and evened the match at one as Natasha Vieira earned the win. TCU sealed the match with three straight set wins at the numbers three, two and four positions. Yrureta and Kudlackova each pushed to extra points in the first sets of their matches, but were unable to push through for the win.
No. 37 TCU (8-7) def.
March 19, 2007
1. Anna Sydorska (TCU) def. Viviana Yrureta (KSU) 7-6(2), 6-2
2. Nina Munch-Soegaard (TCU) def. Fernanda Da Valle (KSU) 6-3, 6-4
3. Ana Cetnik (TCU) def. Tamar Kvaratskhelia (KSU) 6-3, 6-2
4. Kewa Nichols (TCU) def. Katerina Kudlackova (KSU) 7-6 (5), 6-2
5. Andrea Morgado (TCU) def. Olga Klimova (KSU) 6-4, 7-5
6. Natasha Vieira (KSU) won by default
Order of Finish: 6,3,2,4,5,1
1. Cetnik/Munch-Soegaard (TCU) def. Yrureta/Da Valle (KSU), 8-5
2. Sydorska/Morgado (TCU) def. Klimova/Kudlackova (KSU) 9-8(5)
3. Kvaratskhelia/Vieira (KSU) won by default
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2*