SAN DIEGO Tamar Kvaratskhelia and Maria Perevoschikova pushed their doubles winning streak to seven games but the Kansas State women’s tennis team lost a 4-3 decision to San Diego (8-4) at the West Tennis Courts on Sunday.
Kvaratskhelia and Perevoschikova defeated San Diego’s Jenny Brown and Helene Lindstrand, 8-4, at No. 2 doubles, but the Wildcats (6-5, 2-2) dropped the doubles point and the match. Kvaratskhelia and Perevoschikova are 8-3 in dual play this season.
After dropping the doubles point, the Wildcats managed wins in three of six singles matches, but needed a fourth for the win. Kansas State’s Olga Klimova and Jessica Simosa forced a third set in both of their singles matches after fighting back from first set losses, but the rallies fell short.
Perevoschikova was victorious at No. 3 singles over Lauren Perl was forced to retire in the third set, and Katerina Kudlackova and Fernanda Da Valle were winners in straight sets in their matches.
Kansas State concludes its California swing and takes on No. 20 Long Beach State on Monday.
No. 56 Kansas State vs. No. 53 San Diego
West Tennis Courts San Diego, Calif.
Sunday, March 19
1. Emma Murphy/Lauren Perl (USD) def. Jessica Simosa/Katerina Kudlackova (KSU), 8-4
2. Tamar Kvaratskhelia/Maria Perevoschikova (KSU) def. Jenny Brown/Helene Lindstrand (USD), 8-4
3. Sophia Vogt/Brittany Reitz (USD) def. Fernanda Da Valle/Olga Klimova (KSU), 8-3
1. (47) Emma Murphy (USD) def. (89) Tamar Kvaratskhelia (KSU), 6-1, 6-0
2. Jenny Brown (USD) def. Jessica Simosa (KSU), 6-2, 3-6, 6-3
3. Maria Perevoschikova (KSU) def. Lauren Perl (USD), 7-6, 3-6, 2-1 ret.
4. Katerina Kudlackova (KSU) def. Helene Lindstrand (USD), 6-4, 7-6
5. Fernanda Da Valle (KSU) def. Brittany Reitz (USD), 6-0, 6-4
6. Sophia Vogt (USD) def. Olga Klimova (KSU), 6-3, 1-6, 6-4