Wildcats Win Doubles Point, Top Tulsa, 4-3
Klimova, who has won three straight singles and doubles matches, defeated Julie Westfall at No. 6 singles 7-5, 6-1, and teamed with Fernanda Da Valle to top Agostina Santoro and Tiffany Smith, 8-4, at No. 3 doubles.
Klimova and Da Valle’s win at No. 3 helped the Wildcats (3-2, 0-1) earn the doubles point. The doubles point, awarded to the team who wins the best of three doubles match-ups, has proven elusive for the Wildcats early on this season. Thursday’s win at No. 2 and No. 3 marked just the second doubles point taken by the Wildcats in five tries this year and was the first doubles point win since a 7-0 season-opening victory against Drake.
The win was No. 199 for
Thursday, February 23
2. Maria Perevoschikova/Tamar Kvaratskhelia (KSU) def. Kindsay Grimes/Daniela Muscolino (TU), 8-5
3. Fernanda Da Valle/Olga Klimova (KSU) def. Agostina Santoro/Tiffany Smith (TU), 8-4
Order of Finish: -
1. Daniela Muscolino (TU) def. Tamar Kvaratskhelia (KSU), 6-4, 6-3
2. Santie Delport (TU) def. Jessica Simosa (KSU), 6-1, 6-4
3. Maria Perevoschikova (KSU) def. Thalia Diaz-Barriga (TU), 6-3, 6-4
4. Katerina Kudlackova (KSU) def. Kindsay Grimes (TU), 6-3, 6-4
5. Tiffany Smith (TU) def. Fernanda Da Valle (KSU), 2-6, 7-5, 10-7
6. Olga Klimova (KSU) def. Julie Westfall (TU), 7-5, 6-1
Order of Completion: -