Wildcats Roll Past Trojans on Sunday
The Wildcats (3-2) captured the doubles point for the third time this season, using a new doubles lineup to do so. The pair of sophomore Antea Huljev and Vanessa Cottin set down Anne Weijenborg and Rebecca Van Den Houte, 8-4, at number two doubles for their first win together this season. The duo is now 5-6 all-time when paired together.
K-State sealed the doubles point with an 8-5 win from the combination of senior Katerina Kudlackova and junior Natasha Vieira. This was also the first time this group has been paired together this season and is now 6-3 all-time.
In singles action, K-State swept five of the six singles matches for the second time this season. Freshman Mariya Slupska defeated Chantal Coolen at number three singles, 7-5, 6-2, to end a four-match skid. Recording her first win this spring was sophomore Vanessa Cottin, as she defeated Van Den Houte, 6-2, 6-3. The product of
Freshman Nina Sertic tallied her second straight singles win with a 6-4, 6-0 sweep of Marta Gomez-Jordana at number two singles. This was Sertic’s first win at number two singles and brings her brief K-State career record to 3-5.
Sophomore Antea Huljev set back Weijenborg, 6-3, 6-1 at number one singles. The product of
Feb. 22, 2009 at
Crestview Country Club
1. Chantal Coolen/Marta Gomez-Jordana (UALR) def. Nina Sertic/Mariya Slupska (KSU), 8-4
2. Antea Huljev/Vanessa Cottin (KSU) def. Anne Weijenborg/Rebecca Van Den Houte (UALR), 8-4
3. Katerina Kudlackova/Natasha Vieira (KSU) def. Nathalia Garay/Fanny Lopez (UALR), 8-5
1. Antea Huljev (KSU) def. Anne Weijenborg (UALR), 6-3, 6-1
2. Nina Sertic (KSU) def. Marta Gomez-Jordana (UALR), 6-4, 6-0
3. Mariya Slupska (KSU) def. Chantal Coolen (UALR), 7-5, 6-2
4. Vanessa Cottin (KSU) def. Rebecca Van Den Houte (UALR), 6-2, 6-3
5. Fanny Lopez (UALR) def. Natasha Vieira (KSU), 7-5, 6-26. Katerina Kudlackova (KSU) def. Nathalia Garay, 7-6 (7-3), 7-5