Wildcats Roll Past Sam Houston State
K-State (4-0) tied the second-best start in school history with the victory. The best start overall in school history is 9-0 during the 1989 season.
Kudlackova registered her fourth straight victory with a 6-2, 6-3 win over Eleonora Kuruc at the number two position. This was the first career match at the number two spot in the K-State lineup for the junior from
The Wildcats clinched the match with a strong performance from the number 4-6 positions in the singles lineup. Freshmen Antea Huljev and Pauline Guemas captured wins at the number four and six spots in the lineup, respectively. Huljev won in straight sets, 6-2, 6-0, over Stasa Vujosevic and Guemas needed three sets to defeat Roxana Martinez, 6-2, 0-6, 6-3. Senior Olga Klimova won her second singles match of the season with a 6-1, 6-2 win over Patricia Manzur at the number five position.
In doubles play, K-State swept through for the second time this season. The number two and three tandems of Viviana Yrureta/Huljev and Vanessa Cottin/Guemas, each won for the third straight time. The number one pair of Kudlackova and Klimova won for the third time in four chances this spring.
February 16, 2008
1. Katerina Kudlackova/Olga Klimova (KSU) def. Irina Sotnikova/Peta Taylor (SHSU), 8-7 (5)
2. Viviana Yrureta/Antea Huljev (KSU) def. Roxana Martinez/Stasa Vujosevic (SHSU), 8-1
3. Vanessa Cottin/Pauline Guemas (KSU) def. Eleonora Kuruc/Peta Taylor, 8-4
1. Irina Sotnikova (SHSU) def. Viviana Yrureta (KSU), 6-2, 6-4
2. Katerina Kudlackova (KSU) def. Eleonora Kuruc (SHSU), 6-2, 6-3
3. Peta Taylor (SHSU) def. Natasha Vieira (KSU), 6-4, 6-4
4. Antea Huljev (KSU) def. Stasa Vujosevic (SHSU), 6-2, 6-0
5. Olga Klimova (KSU) def. Patricia Manzur (SHSU), 6-1, 6-26. Pauline Guemas (KSU) def. Roxana Martinez (SHSU), 6-2, 0-6, 6-3