K-State Held Off by Cowgirls
WAMEGO, Kan. - Kansas State women's tennis was unable to get positive momentum rolling in its favor on Sunday afternoon at the Wamego Recreation Complex, as No. 59 Oklahoma State defeated the Wildcats, 6-1.
With the defeat, K-State falls to 6-11 on the season and 3-6 in the Big 12. Oklahoma State improves to 10-8 overall and 4-5 in the league.
The Wildcats' lone win on Sunday came from the number six position in the singles lineup. Sophomore Petra Chuda won for the fourth time in her last six outings with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Alexandra Cristello. Chuda is now 12-16 this season and 4-5 in Big 12 action.
In doubles action, K-State earned a win at the number three position from the freshman duo of Ana Gomez Aleman and Carmen Borau Ramos. The K-State tandem secured an 8-6 win over Malika Rose and Cristello. The pair of Gomez Aleman and Borau Ramos improved to 5-4 in Big 12 play and 5-9 overall.
Kansas State will return to action next weekend, as the Wildcats will close out the regular season with a pair of matches. The Wildcats will face No. 2 Baylor on Saturday at 12 p.m., followed by Senior Day on Sunday at 1 p.m., against Texas Tech. Both matches will be contested at the Wamego Recreation Complex.
(59) Oklahoma State (10-8, 4-5 Big 12) at Kansas State (6-11, 3-6 Big 12)
April 18, 2010
Wamego, Kan. - Wamego Recreation Complex
Oklahoma State 6, Kansas State 1
1. Nataliya Shatkovskaya/Alisa Buslaieva (OSU) def. Antea Huljev/Karla Bonacic (KSU) 8-5
2. Sasha Belova/Sarah Meghoufel (OSU) def. Nina Sertic/Petra Chuda (KSU), 8-3
3. Ana Gomez Aleman/Carmen Borau Ramos (KSU) def. Malika Rose/Alexandra Cristello (OSU), 8-6
1. Nataliya Shatkovskaya (OSU) def. Antea Huljev (KSU), 6-2, 6-3
2. Sasha Belova (OSU) def. Ana Gomez Aleman (KSU), 6-0, 6-2
3. Alisa Buslaieva (OSU) def. Nina Sertic (KSU), 6-4, 6-1
4. Sarah Meghoufel (OSU) def. Karla Bonacic (OSU), 6-2, 6-3
5. Malika Rose (OSU) def. Carmen Borau Ramos (KSU), 3-6, 6-2, 10-8
6. Petra Chuda (KSU) def. Alexandra Cristello (OSU), 6-3, 6-4