TULSA, Okla. - Kansas State looked to upset the No. 40 Tulsa Golden Hurricane on Sunday afternoon at Michael D. Case Tennis Center, but Tulsa defended its home courts with a 6-1 win over the Wildcats. K-State is now 3-5 this season, while Tulsa moved to 11-4.
K-State's lone win on Sunday came in singles action, as freshman Karla Bonacic defeated Caroline Beaulieu, in a straight set sweep, 6-0, 6-0, at number six singles. Bonacic won her second straight and improved her record to 4-11 this season. With Bonacic's win at number six singles, K-State has now received a record at number six singles matches this season to 7-1.
Kansas State continues its five-match road trip on March 19 and 21. The Wildcats will open Big 12 action, as they visit Texas A&M and Texas.
Kansas State (3-5) at (40) Tulsa (11-4)
March 7, 2010
Tulsa, Okla. - Michael D. Case Tennis Center
Tulsa 6, Kansas State 1
1. #55 JoAnne Karaitiana/Alexandra Kichoutkin (TLS) def. Antea Huljev/Nina Sertic (KSU), 8-2
2. #58 Anastasia Erofeeva/Ewa Szatkowska (TLS) def. Karla Bonacic/Petra Chuda (KSU), 8-3
3. Michelle Farley/Rebecca Row (TLS) def. Carmen Borau Ramos/Ana Gomez Aleman (KSU), 8-4
1. #100 Alexandra Kichoutkin (TLS) def. Antea Huljev (KSU), 7-5, 6-3
2. JoAnne Karaitiana (TLS) def. Ana Gomez Aleman (KSU), 6-1, 6-1
3. Anastasia Erofeeva (TLS) def. Nina Sertic (KSU), 7-5, 6-4
4. Ewa Szatkowska (TLS) def. Carmen Borau Ramos (KSU), 6-4, 6-1
5. Michelle Farley (TLS) def. Petra Chuda (KSU), 6-2, 6-2
6. Karla Bonacic (KSU) def. Caroline Beaulieu (TLS), 6-0, 6-0