Dec. 3, 2011
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
• Saturday night’s regular season game between Kansas State and Iowa was the fifth meeting in the history of the series… The Wildcats played the Hawkeyes last during the regular season on Dec. 5, 2010, winning the game 68-62 in Iowa City, Ia. … The series is now 4-1 in favor of K-State… The Wildcats hold a 3-0 record against the Hawkeyes in Manhattan… Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, maintains a career record of 304-177 (.631)… In its 43 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 807-480 (.627) … This was the second overtime contest of the season… The Wildcats are 1-1 in OT games this season … The program is 69-56 against schools from the Big Ten.
• The score was tied nine times during the game … The lead also changed 10 times during the contest … K-State scored 16 points off of turnovers, as well as 42 points in the paint … K-State’s bench added 11 points … Iowa State was held without a field goal the last 0:48 of the game, while K-State was held without a field goal the last 1:03 of the game … This was the first time the Cats have won by a margin of three points this season.
• The Wildcats now hold a 245-win record in Bramlage Coliseum … Attendance on Saturday night was 3,774… K-State finished last year’s NCAA standings ranked as 24th in the nation in average attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Tasha Dickey, senior forward Jalana Childs, senior forward Branshea Brown, junior guard Brittany Chambers and junior guard Mariah White…This is the sixth time this lineup has been used this season in regular season … This lineup was not used during the 2010-2011 season… Childs made her 69th career start … Chambers made her 66th career start and has started 64 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009 … White made her 39th career start and started every game last season … Brown made her 28th career start … Dickey made her sixth appearance in the starting lineup during her inaugural season as a Wildcat … The team is now 4-2 when using this lineup.
• The Wildcats were 5-of-18 from beyond the arc on Saturday night … K-State has hit at least one 3-pointer in 145 consecutive games.
• The teams were gridlocked at a 32-32 halftime standstill on Saturday… Last season, Kansas State was 17-2 (.895) when leading at the half… The Wildcats shot 49.1 percent from the field… The team grabbed 35 rebounds and committed 15 turnovers.
• Chambers finished the night with 23 points and six rebounds… She shot 3-of-10 from 3-point range … This is the 15th time in her career scoring 20+ points.
• Childs carded 20 points and two rebounds… She shot a perfect 100 percent (4-of-4) from the free-throw line.
• Brown scored a season-high eight points and took seven rebounds… The last time she had three assists was against Missouri State on Nov. 18.
• Senior Tasha Dickey, the first player from the state of Utah in the 44-year history of women’s basketball at K-State scored 12 points , shooting 3-of-7 from the field and 2-of-3 from 3-point land… She pulled down six rebounds.
• This was the first time in the season that K-State scored its first points by a 3-pointer…The 3-pointer came from Dickey with 19:26 to play in the first half.
• The trio of Brittany Chambers, Jalana Childs and Tasha Dickey reached double figures…This is the second time this season they reached double digits in the same game. … This is the first time this group reached double digits since playing against Missouri State on Nov. 18 … The last time the pair of Chambers and Childs scored 20+ each was at Nebraska, Feb. 19, 2011 … The Wildcats won 69-64.