Nov. 20, 2002
Nov. 20, 2002
* Kansas State started sophomores Laurie Koehn and Megan Mahoney at the guard positions, sophomores Brie Madden and Kendra Wecker at the forward slots and junior Nicole Ohlde at center... Ohlde has started 61-straight games for the Wildcats dating back to the fifth game of the 2000-01 season... Koehn, Mahoney and Wecker have started all 37 games of their collegiate careers.
* Head coach Deb Patterson tallied her 100th career win. She is now 100-84 overall.
* The 'Cats are now 1-0 vs. USC and 4-7 vs. schools in the Pac-10.
* Megan Mahoney's eight assists moved her to 16th on the top-25 career list. She now needs 16 to catch Kjersten Larson (1994-97) in 15th. It also marks the 23rd game she has had five-plus assists and 14th game with six-plus assists.
* Brie Madden set a personal best in rebounds with the 14 boards. Her previous best was 11 set earlier this season against Ball State (11/15/02) in the first round of the Preseason WNIT. She has tallied double-digit rebounds in two of the three games this season including tonight's 14 vs. USC (11/20/02) and 11 vs. Ball State (11/15/02)... Her 35 minutes also is a personal best.
* Nicole Ohlde's 19 points moved into her into 15th on the 1,000-point club list. She now needs to sink 21 points to catch Marsha Poppe (1,152, 1973-77) in 14th. She also moved into 18th on the top-30 career rebounders list with the 10 she grabbed tonight. She needs one to move into the 17th which is currently held by Andria Jones (515, 1994-97)... Her 40-minute game tonight was the eighth of her career.
* Kendra Wecker's 24 points tied her personal best set at Northern Arizona (12/20/01). It is also her 21st game of 20-plus points and 31st in double-figure scoring contest. Her 12 rebounds is the 14th game of 10-plus rebounds. Her 10-plus rebound and points marks her 14th double-double of her career and second on the season. This is the 16th game she has been perfect from the free-throw line.
* The last time the 'Cats had a 10-plus point lead at half time was vs. Kent State (48-29, 3/15/02) in the first round of the NCAA Tournament last year.
* The last time the 'Cats had 50-plus rebounds was vs. Wyoming (53, 11/24/00)
* The 31 percent shooting by USC is the second time this season the Wildcats have held a team to below 35 percent. The other was vs. Ball State (.297, 11/15/02).