Nov. 17, 2010
Final Stats |
• Wednesday night's matchup between Kansas State and Indiana State was the third in the series...The series is now 2-1 in favor of Kansas State... The Wildcats are now 93-21 against teams from the Missouri Valley Conference... Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women's basketball wins leader at K-State, now owns a career record of 282-164 (.632)... This is the eighth time K-State has started a season 3-0 in the Patterson era and the first time since the 2008-09 season.
• The Wildcats now hold a 231-87 (.726) record in Bramlage Coliseum and are 124-22 (.849) against non-conference opponents... K-State is now 99-39 (.717) in the month of November.
• Attendance on Wednesday night was 2,854... After three home games, total attendance in Bramlage Coliseum now stands at 9,524.
• The Wildcats' starting lineup consisted of: sophomore guard Taelor Karr, sophomore guard Brittany Chambers, sophomore guard Mariah White, junior forward Jalana Childs and junior forward Branshea Brown...This is the third straight game this lineup has been used... This was the 37th career start for Childs... Karr made her 33rd career start... It was the 31st career start for Chambers... This was Brown's and White's fourth career starts.
• Brittany Chambers opened the scoring with a layup at 19:36 of the first half... This is the first time this season that K-State has started a game with a field goal and not a free throw as its first points.
• Kansas State held a 27-24 lead at the half... This is the second time this season K-State has held the advantage at the break... Since the 1999-00 season, when K-State holds the lead at the half the Wildcats are 191-30 (.860) including a 2-0 mark this season... K-State's 27 first half points were the second-lowest this season and the .313 field goal percentage was its lowest for an opening half this season.
• K-State has now hit at least one 3-pointer in 110 consecutive games... The Cats were 4-of-21 (.190) from beyond-the-arc, while three of their four makes came in the second half.
• Chambers finished with 20 points, seven rebounds, five assists and two steals... This was Chambers' fourth career game with 20 or more points, including two this season...This is the 25th time Chambers has reached double figures in scoring, including all three games this season...This is her sixth career game with five or more assists, including two this season... Chambers has hit a three-point field goal in 31 of a possible 35 career games.
• Branshea Brown ended the contest with nine points and a personal season-high nine rebounds... This was Brown's third straight game with five or more rebounds and the 17th of her career.
• Chantay Caron ripped down a career-high seven rebounds in 15 minutes off the bench... Caron also carded seven points.
• Kansas State registered 18 offensive rebounds on Wednesday night... The Wildcats turned this into a season-high tying 20 second chance points and outscored the Sycamores 20-4 in that department.