Feb. 26, 2011
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
February 26, 2011 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Iowa State 58 (20-8, 8-6), Kansas State 51 (18-9, 8-6)
• Saturday night’s game between Kansas State and Iowa State was the 74th in the history of the series… The series is now 45-29 in favor of K-State… The Wildcats are 24-10 against the Cyclones in Manhattan… Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, now owns a career record of 297-173 (.634)… In its 43 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 800-476 (.628)… In Big 12 action, K-State owns a 127-111 (.536) record… K-State is now 190-142 (.574) in the month of February.
• The Wildcats now hold a 240-89 (.731) record in Bramlage Coliseum, including a 12-2 mark this season… Attendance on Saturday night was 6,029… After 14 home games, total attendance in Bramlage Coliseum now stands at 57,348 with an average of 4,096… K-State entered the night ranked 23rd in the nation in average attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: sophomore guard Brittany Chambers, sophomore guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Taelor Karr, junior forward Jalana Childs and junior forward Branshea Brown…This is the 16th time this lineup has been used this season and is the most experienced starting lineup for the Wildcats this season… This was the 59th career start for Childs… It was the 55th career start for Chambers and she has started 53 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009… Karr made her 54th career start… White made her 28th career start and has started every game this season… This was the 17th career start for Brown… This season K-State is the only team in the Big 12 to not start a senior in any of its games.
• K-State has now hit at least one 3-pointer in 135 consecutive games… The Wildcats first 3-point field goal came in the second half with 3:49 to play, as Taelor Karr connected on her attempt… The Wildcats were 3-of-16 from beyond the arc on Saturday night… In seven home Big 12 games, K-State has made 53 three-point field goals for an average of 7.6 per game.
• The Wildcats saw three players reach double figures on Wednesday night… This is the 13th time this season K-State has had 3+ players reach double figures, with the Wildcats holding a 10-4 mark.
• Childs recorded 18 points and 4 rebounds on Saturday night… She has now scored in 46 consecutive games… With her first basket of the game, Childs surpassed the 700-point mark for her career (717) and is the second Wildcat this season to accomplish the feat (Chambers)… The product of Orlando, Fla., has now scored in double figures in 33 career games and 19 this season, including nine straight date back to Jan. 26 at Colorado…
• Chambers finished with 10 points and 4 rebounds… The native of Jordan, Minn., has now scored in 58 straight games.
• Karr notched 12 points, a career-high 7 assists and 9 rebounds… This was her 31st career game and her 14th this season in double figures… She has now made a three-point field goal in 22 games this season.