Jan. 27, 2002
* Kansas State started freshmen Laurie Koehn and Chelsea Domenico at the guard positions and freshmen Megan Maloney and Kendra Wecker at the forward slots and sophomore Nicole Ohlde at center... This line-up is 3-0 overall and 1-0 in the Big 12 ... Koehn, Maloney, Wecker and Ohlde have started all 21 games this season ... Ohlde has started 44 straight games for the Wildcats dating back to the fifth game of the 2000-2001 season.
* This afternoon Kansas State broke a five-game losing streak against Texas Tech... It was also the Wildcats' first victory in three tries against the Lady Raiders... K-State and Tech last met in Lubbock, Texas, where the Lady Raiders won, 72-41, on 1/31/01. The Lady Raiders still lead the series, 6-3.
* Kansas State has now beat 13 teams ranked in the Associated Press Top 25 in the past six years... Four of those 13 wins have come this season, as the Wildcats have dispensed of No. 4 Iowa State, No. 7 Baylor, No. 12 Texas Tech and No. 21 Colorado.
* The last time Kansas State had four or more victories over ranked opponents was the 1998-99 season, when it triumphed over No. 24 Santa Clara (66-64), No. 24 Nebraska (79-67), No. 6 Texas (75-68), No. 16 Iowa State (70-63), and No. 22 Kansas (69-58).
* Kansas State extends its home-winning streak to 11 games today. The streak began on 2/20/01 when the Wildcats beat Texas A&M, 60-55.
* This afternoon's crowd of 13,340 was the second-largest crowd in K-State women's basketball school history behind the 13,466 crowd that witnessed the Nebraska game on 1/12/02... Kansas State has set five home attendance records this season, including this afternoon's contest. The Wildcats have now sold-out four games this season... 65,239 Wildcat fans have flocked to Bramlage Coliseum this year... This sets the school record for the number of fans to watch the Wildcats at home in a single season.
* The 81.8 (18 of 22) percent field-goal percentage by Kansas State in the second half is a school-record. The previous record was 79.3 (23 of 29) percent against Missouri on 3/3/84 in the first half.
* Kansas State also held Texas Tech to just 26.5 percent shooting in the second half after allowing 43.3 percent shooting in the first half.
* With this afternoon's two three-point baskets by Laurie Koehn, she now has 80 makes this season, which ranks as the third-most in a single-season by a Wildcat... This also puts her in the Big 12 record book in a tie for sixth place with Iowa State's Megan Taylor (2001).
* Kristin Rethman's 15-point effort this afternoon moves her to within six points of 1,000 career points... She would be the 27th Wildcat to garner this distinction.
* This is Koehn's 19th, Mahoney's 12th, Ohlde's 20th, and Rethman's seventh contest of scoring in double figures.
* With Ohlde's 24 points and 11 rebounds marks her eighth double-double of the season... Her eight assists of the afternoon marks a career-high, surpassing her previous high of six set on multiple occasions... After connecting on just 3-of-8 shots in the first half for seven points, Ohlde was from the field in the second half with an 8-of-8 effort and 17 points... Seven of her 11 rebounds also came in the second half as well as half of her career-high eight assists.
* This afternoon's contest against Texas Tech marks the first game that Kansas State has been tied at halftime.
* The 83.3% (5-of-6) first-half three-point effort by Kansas State is the second-best percentage in a half this season.