Jan. 12, 2013
Final Stats |
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 52 (10-6, 1-3), West Virginia 66 (10-5, 2-2)
• Saturday afternoon’s game between Kansas State and West Virginia was the first meeting in the series between the schools… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 330-195 (.629)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 833-498 (.626)… K-State owns a 216-144 (.600) record in the month of January… K-State is 139-123 (.531) in Big 12 games.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 256-95 (.729) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Saturday afternoon was 6,778, which was a new season-high for K-State… Through the first seven home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 24,844 fans come through the door for an average of 3,549.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Ashia Woods, sophomore guard Haley Texada and freshman guard Bri Craig… This is the fourth straight game this starting lineup has been used… K-State has used six different starting lineups this season… Chambers has now started 109 regular season and postseason games in her career and has played in 114 career games... White made her 77th career start and her 10th of the 2012-13 season… White has now played in 108 career games… Woods tallied her 16th career start, all this season... Woods is the only Wildcat to start every game this season… Craig started her 13th career game… Texada made her eighth career start, all this season.
• Kansas State held a 23-22 halftime lead on Saturday… K-State is 9-3 this season when leading at the half… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 231-37 (.862) in regular season and postseason games when leading at the half.
• The Wildcats were 7-of-22 from beyond the arc on Saturday… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 190 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… The Wildcats were 1-of-9 from beyond the arc in the first half and were 6-of-13 in the second stanza.
• Chambers finished with 20 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists… Chambers has now scored in 114 consecutive games, which ranks third in school history… She has now scored 1,674 career points and ranks sixth in school history… Chambers has scored in double figures in 15 games this season and 89 in her career… Her career rebound total stands at 702 and ranks 11th in school history… This was her 77th career game with five or more rebounds… Her career assist total stands at 288 and ranks 12th in school history… This was her 14th career game with five or more assists.
• Craig carded 12 points and a career-high 5 rebounds… This was her eighth game in double figures and third straight… This was her fourth game with four or more made 3-pointers.
• Texada tallied 10 points and three rebounds… This was Texada’s 11th game in double figures this season… It was her ninth career game with two or more made 3-pointers.