Jan. 8, 2014
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Jan. 8, 2014 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 51 (6-8, 0-3 Big 12), (15/16) Oklahoma State 58 (13-1, 2-1 Big 12)
• Wednesday’s game between Kansas State and Oklahoma State was the 60th meeting in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series, 31-29, and has won nine of the last 12 meetings… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 345-215 (.616)… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 848-518 (.621)… The Wildcats are 143-136 (.513) in Big 12 action… K-State is 218-149 (.594) in the month of January… Patterson owns a 75-55 (.577) mark in January… K-State is now 7-10 against teams ranked No. 15 in the Associated Press Top-25 poll… K-State is now 0-3 in Big 12 play for the first time under Deb Patterson and is 0-3 in conference action for the first time since the 1992-93 season.
• Attendance on Wednesday was 3,793… To date, 26,418 fans have come through the doors of Bramlage this season for an average of 3,774 per game… The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 267-103 (.722) in Bramlage Coliseum.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: junior guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Leticia Romero, junior guard Ashia Woods, senior forward Katya Leick and senior forward Chantay Caron… This is the first game for this lineup… Texada has started 41 games in her career… This was the 14th career start for Romero… This was the 11th career K-State start for Leick… This was Woods’ 27th career start… This was the 44th career start for Caron and her second this season... Caron has now played in 110 career games.
• K-State was 4-of-23 from behind the three-point line… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 225 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007.
• Oklahoma State led 27-23 at the half on Wednesday… K-State is 0-7 this season when trailing at the half.
• Woods finished with a game-high 17 points… This was her 10th career game with double figures in points and her fifth this season.
• Breanna Lewis carded five points, three rebounds and two blocks off the bench… Lewis has now registered 21 blocks this season and six games with two or more blocks.