MANHATTAN, Kan. - The Kansas State men's golf team will send seniors Mitchell Gregson and Joe Ida to compete in the NCAA Regional, Thursday, May 20, through Saturday, May 22. The regional will consist of one round per day and golfers will tee off on the No. 1 and No. 10 tees in all three rounds. Live scoring will be available on golfstat.com.
HOST - CRABAPPLE GOLF CLUB: The Crabapple Golf Club is one of three facilities owned and operated by the Capital City Club, one of the oldest and most prestigious social clubs in America. For the NCAA Regional, the course will play at 7,182 yards and par 70.
Senior Mitchell Gregson
• Lowest career stroke average in K-State history at 73.06.
• Tied for most individual tournament victories in school history with four.
• Named to the preseason top-50 to watch list by GolfWeek.
• Has second, third and seventh lowest single-season stroke average in K-State history.
• Has played in all 50 tournaments the past four seasons which ranks second all-time.
• Played in 147 rounds to rank second in school history.
• Has the second lowest 54-hole score in school history of 201 at the 2008 Santa Clara Invitational.
• Currently ranked 59th by Golfstat.
Senior Joe Ida
• Won the title at the Jim Colbert Intercollegiate as he shot a 2-under par 140.
• Finished the season with a 72.19 stroke average.
• Is ranked 137th by GolfWeek and 107th by Golfstat.
• Finished in the top-five three times.
• Has the fourth-lowest career stroke average in school history at 73.78.
• Has been the top K-State performer at the Big 12 Championship three times.
• Was two strokes off the lead at the Desert Shootout, but withdrew due to a hand injury before recording two top-10 finishes in the next three events.