Wildcats Headed to NCAA West Regional
MANHATTAN, Kan. - After a fourth place finish at the Big 12 Championship, the Kansas State men's golf team was rewarded Monday with a berth in the NCAA West Regional at the par 72, 6,863-yard Lake Merced Golf Club in Daly City, Calif.
The Wildcats, who are playing in their second straight NCAA West Regional, are the No. 10 seed. The No. 1 seed of the regional is Southern California followed by Big 12 foe Texas A&M and Arizona State.
Joining the 13-team field will be 10 individuals whose teams did not advance to the postseason.
The regional, hosted by the University of San Francisco, will be held May 14-16.
2009 NCAA MEN'S GOLF WEST REGIONAL
Lake Merced Golf Club
Daly City, Calif.
1. Southern California
2. Texas A&M
3. Arizona State
4. San Diego State
5. UC Davis (Big West Conference)
7. New Mexico
9. UC Irvine
10. Kansas State
11. Oregon State
12. San Diego
13. San Francisco (West Coast Conference)
1. Grant Doverspike, Fresno State
2. Brady Johnson, Brigham Young
3. Nick Delio, Cal State Northridge
4. Scott Smith, Nevada
5. Geoff Gonzalez, Cal Poly
6. Robbie Fillmore, Brigham Young
7. Mark Hubbard, San Jose State
8. Kevin Tucker, Washington State
9. Bhavik Patel, Fresno State
10. Greg Moss, Loyola Marymount