Dec. 11, 2011
Final Stats |
AP Photos |
Kansas State Postgame Notes
Kansas State (6-1) 79 – North Florida (5-5) 68 | 1OT
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
- K-State is now 279-92 (.752) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… K-State has never experienced a single season home record under .500 while playing in the Octagon of Doom.
- K-State has won 38 consecutive non-conference home games.
- Sunday afternoon’s game was the 92nd single-overtime game in K-State history, with the last single-OT contest taking place on March 6, 2010 against Iowa State… Overall, the Wildcats are now 60-32 and 5-3 under Frank Martin in single-overtime contests.
- Today’s extra-period contest marked the second consecutive overtime game for the Wildcats… The last time K-State competed in consecutive extra-period games was in the 1963-64 season when the Wildcats won three straight overtime games on Feb. 3-8-15, 1964.
- K-State is now 1493-1097 (.585) all-time and 101-44 (.697) under head coach Frank Martin.
- Sunday’s contest was the second meeting between K-State and North Florida, with the Wildcats defeating the Ospreys 100-76 in the first contest on December 31, 2010… K-State is now 2-0 against North Florida and 7-0 against teams from the Atlantic Sun with all seven games played at home.
- The Wildcats’ starting lineup Sunday afternoon consisted of sophomore guard Will Spradling, junior guard Martavious Irving, junior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward JamarSamuels and freshman forward Thomas Gipson… This is the fifth time K?]State has used this line-up this season.
- K-State shot just 40.0 percent (14-for-35) in the first half to continue their first-half shooting woes this season… The Wildcats’ best first-half shooting performance came against Loyola Chicago where they shot 41.7 percent.
- The Wildcats tied a season-high with 50 total rebounds… The team also put together its best single-game offensive rebound performance with 25.
- K-State led 32-25 at halftime after the lead did not change hands or was not tied in the first half… The Wildcats are now 86-12 when leading at the half under Frank Martin.
- K-State had four players score in double-digits for the fourth time this season.
- The Wildcats continued to force their opponents into a poor shooting performance by holding North Florida to 40.6% from the field… K-State has held all seven opponents in the 2011-12 season to under 50% shooting from the field.
- The Wildcats’ relentless defense caused 21 Osprey turnovers in this afternoon’s contest… K-State has forced double-digit turnovers in six of seven games this season.
- Thomas Gipson scored a career-high 23 points to go along with a team-high 12 rebounds on the afternoon, marking the third double-double of his young career…Today’s effort on the boards marked the third time this year that Gipson has led his team in rebounding.
- Adrian Diaz came off the bench to tally a career-high eight points on four-of-five shooting… Diaz had scored a total of four points on the season prior to today’s game.
- Will Spradling scored all 12 of his points in the second half and in overtime… It marks his fifth double-digit scoring performance of the season.