Nov. 29, 2010
Box Score |
5/5 Kansas State (6-1) 85 –Emporia State (3-3) 61
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
Monday, November 29, 2010
• Today’s game was the 354th men’s game for K-State in Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are now 263-91 (.743) all-time in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
• Monday’s contest was the 20th time K-State has faced Emporia State… The Wildcats are now 12-8 against the Hornets.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted of senior guard Jacob Pullen, sophomore guard Nick Russell, sophomore guard Rodney McGruder, junior forward Freddy Asprilla and senior forward Curtis Kelly… This is the first time this season this starting lineup has been used.
• Tonight’s win marks the most wins in November in program history… K-State has won six games this November and had posted five wins five times counting this season.
• The Wildcats shooting percentage was 52.3 percent (34-of-65) just shy of their season-high… K-State’s best this season is 52.6 percent against James Madison in the season opener.
• K-State scored 33 points off turnovers tonight… The Wildcats are now 46-5 in the Frank Martin era when scoring 20+ points off opponents’ mistakes… Emporia State was able to only convert 15 K-State turnovers into 6 points.
• The Wildcats are now 50-2 under Frank Martin when scoring 80 or more points… They are also 55-6 when allowing fewer than 70 points.
• K-State tied a season-high with 9 blocks on the night… It also ties for 7th in school history.
• With his 3-pointer at the 4:42 mark Jacob Pullen became the school record holder for most 3-pointer field goals made at K-State with 241… He tied Steve Henson with his trey with 5:02 remaining in the first half… Pullen scored 26 points on the night for a new season-high and bringing his career total to 1,618 career points… He needs 37 to pass Steve Henson for fifth in scoring all-time at K-State… Pullen scored 20 points in the first half marking the fourth time in his career he has scored that many in a half… all instances have occurred in the first half of a game: 20 vs. BYU (3/20/10); 21at Texas Tech (2/23/10) and 20 vs. Alabama (12/19/09).
• The following players posted career-highs in points scored: Freddy Asprilla (17), Nino Williams (4).